Configure Zimbra Desktop to use our Zimbra service
First ensure you have downloaded the current and correct version of Zimbra Desktop for your operating system; Windows, Linux or Mac. Once downloaded, follow the installation instructions and when installed you can start to configure it ready for your accounts.
Setting for OpenSure Zimbra:
- Initially you will be presented with the option to add a new account, let’s do that.
- You now need to select an account type – select Zimbra
- Give the account a name that makes sense to you, eg Work Zimbra account, similar
- Then enter the email address, any that are in place on your account will work fine.
- Then enter you password
- Set the server to be zimbra.opensure.net
- Set the Security as SSL
- For the checking email bit leave ‘as new email arrives’
- Click validate and save.
Zimbra now synchronises all your email, contacts, calendars, tasks etc.
NB you can also add other account types in a similar way to this client like Gmail, Yahoo, MS Exchange and any other POP3 and IMAP account. This means all your email in one place and consistent.