Configure Outlook email client to use the Zimbra email service
This is designed to help you setup a new account in Outlook for your new mailbox. We recommend Thunderbird (www.mozilla.com the same people who write Firefox web browser – also recommended) as a free and powerful mail client in preference to Outlook as it is a standards compliant approach and works very well with modern mail systems. However, this is about what you want to do so here you go!
To configure Outlook to use a Zimbra email account:
- In Outlook, click Accounts on the Tools menu.
- In the Internet Accounts dialogue box, click Add, and then click Mail
- In the Display name box, type the name that you want other users to see when you send a message, and then click Next.
- In the E-mail address box, type the e-mail address for the account that you are using (for example, type email@example.com), and then click Next.
- In the E-mail Server Names box, click IMAP for the incoming mail server type (POP3) is the default type)
- Type mail.opensure.net as the incoming (IMAP) and outgoing (SMTP) servers and Click Next.
- Type your IMAP account name and password in the Account name and Password boxes then click Next.
- In the Internet Mail Account Name box, type a name to identify the mail account, and then click Next and Click Finish.
- You should now be able to highlight this new account in the Internet Accounts window and then select ‘Properties’ When in this window click Advanced.
- In the Advanced window tick Incoming Mail – This server requires a secure connection SSL – the Port will automatically change to 993.
- Above this is the Outgoing Server equivalent tick box. You should set the SMTP service to StartTLS on port 587.
- At same Properties window as when finding the Advanced tab, you will see a ‘Servers’ tab. Move to this and click the Outgoing Mail Server – My server requires authentication. Leave as using the same settings as incoming mail server.
- Click OK then Close to close the Internet Accounts dialogue box.
- When you are prompted to Refresh or download folders from the mail server, click Yes and enter password assigned as required.